The past few weeks I have been lucky enough to have several days off of work, and I've been keeping myself busy. I started this bag over the summer, and have been gradually working away at it.
Each of those blue circles were sewn by machine and turned inside out. There are slits in the blue where they were turned. Then I sewed them together into the shape above. I put batting and the green batik in the centers of the circles and am in the process of stitching each of these down by hand. Once all of the batting is in, I think the bag will have a good deal of structure. I love the way it is coming together.